October 21, 2007

Wedding planning

Our son is getting married. Lots of things are being discussed, one of which is whether the wedding is just about what the couple wants or is it also about the parents as the "party throwers". I'd be interested in comments from people who have been through this. All the issues that come up about who to invite and paper vs cloth table services are enough to drive one mad. The end result is to glorify God but getting there can be less than that. I'm guessing that the less details the easier it is. Any suggestions out there would be appreciated.

2 comments:

sixwickerts said...

Hi, My name is Helen, I am one of Beckys friends in Alaska!! You asked for comments on this post so I thought I would leave one :)
When my husband and I married, my Mom was very involved. We made alot of decisions together, but she always left the final say to me. Your wedding day is one of the biggest most memorable days of your life, I believe everyone involved has to be flexible to make it the most special!

Dave and Jacque Fessenden said...

Helen, nice to meet one of Becky's friends! Thanks for your comment! Pray for us all. The time is short, there are too many choices,limited budget, and a train coming down the track. The Parents want the couple to make as many decisions as possible but they are overwhelmed. On top of it they both have job decisions and housing to find. Please pray that they seek the Lord's wisdom. Pray we can all be flexable through out the process.